Thursday, March 19, 2015

Toppik Products Review

Toppik Review


About

Toppik is made of all natural, colored keratin protein. Toppik fibers blend undetectably with your existing hair, instantly making it full and thick. 

Why Keratin?


Toppik fibers are made of pure keratin, the same natural protein that makes up human hair. The static electric charge in Toppik causes the fibers to cling to your existing hair. What's more, these keratin fibers contain microscopc ridges, creating a velcro effect that helps to adhere Toppik fibers to your hair. 


For: Women and Men with fine or thinning hair.

  • Blends naturally with hair and conceals scalp
  • Durable and undetectable under all conditions. 
  • Resists wind, rain and perspiration. 
  • Available in 9 natural shades that match all hair colors.
  • Works with all hair types/ethnicities
  • Compatible with any hair care system
  • Stays securely in place but removes easily with shampoo
  • Available in 4 sizes - 30-day (12g), 75-day (27.5g), 150-day (55g) and travel (2.5gm).
How do you apply Toppik?

Style: Dry and style as usual.

Shake: Shake liberally over thinning areas. 

Spray: Or use Toppik Spray Applicator to apply Toppik fibers precisely into thinning areas. Also great to cover up roots and blend extensions. 

Pat: Gently pat hair to disperse fibers.

Perfect: Create a natural-looking hairline with the Toppik Hairline Optimizer.

Finish: Use Toppik FIberHold Spray to strengthen the bond between Toppik fibers and your hair. 

Additional Uses for Toppik Hair Building Fibers:

  • To hide thinning hair or patchy spots
  • To fill-in/volumize thin or fine hair
  • To touch up/cover up roots between hair coloring appointments
  • To hide the scalp or thin areas when hair is pulled up or back
  • To cover up pregnancy-related hair loss
  • To disguise extensions/where extensions are attached to the hair
  • To cover up damage/hair loss from using extensions
  • To fill in thinning hair from chemotherapy
Hair loss facts:

Hair grows half an inch a month - but women generally have their hair colored every 6-8 weeks. So that leaves up to an inch of roots uncolored - use Toppik fibers to cover up roots between appointment. 

Normally, you shed 40-100 hairs each day. That means in a month, you lose 30,000 hairs - almost a third of the 100,000 hairs on your head. Toppik fibers can help hide thinning areas. 

Where can you buy it at?

It's available at Sephora.com and also at Toppik.com


The colors they carry are: Black, Dark Brown, Medium Brown, Light Brown, Medium Blonde, Blonde, Auburn, Gray, and White. 


The price for 12g is about $24.95 at Sephora.com

My Opinion: I used Toppik before I lost my hair to Chemo and it really helped a lot with covering up the thinning on top. It was really a big difference for me and gave me a lot of confidence. For me the 12gm 30-day supply lasted me for a long time. The only thing with the fibers that bothered me was that they were a little itchy when I first started using it, but I blame that on not knowing on how to use it properly without getting it all over the skin because it is itchy on my skin. My father has kept his hair for the most part for years until recently he had the gastric sleeve just as I have and a side effect is hair loss from the surgery .. it's just your bodies way of going into a shock from the surgery until it balances itself out. So he's thinning pretty good in the back and he has a permanent bald spot from when he was born so I wanted to see if I could conceal it some and it did a pretty good job. All in all I think it's not a bad price for the level of my Dad's thinning or just a tad less, but anymore other than that I can't see that it would cover. I used the Hold Spray on him and it kept everything in place so who's ready for the before and after?

BEFORE


AFTER


________________________________________

The Recipe for Healthy Hair 
Introducing Toppik Hair Nutrition 2-in-1 Capsules

It's widely known that a balanced, well rounded nutritional regimen can enhance the look and feel of one's hair. Give that diet a serious beauty boost with Toppik's new Hair nutrition 2-in-1 Capsules. Designed to work i cojunction with a healthy diet and lifestyle, these daily supplements help support fine,thin or thinning hair beautiful results. 

Enriched with a proprietary Vitarenew complex, ToppikHair Nutrition 2-in-1 Capsules blend essential antioxidants, vitamins and exotic extracts for optimal hair health. Each dual action gluten-free supplement features melange of beauty-beneficial ingredients including:

Vitamins & Minerals:
- Keratin Protein, necessary to strengthen healthy hair from within.
- Biotin, to increase essential nutrients to hair.
- Vitamin E, to enhance blood circulation to the scalp.

Powerful Nutraceuticals:

- Red Palm Oil, rich in antioxidants, amino acids, beta carotene, and riboflavin to nourish healthy hair. 
- Camu-Camu, acts as an antioxidant which promotes healthier hair.

The result? Healthy, well-nourished, thicker-looking hair. 

Toppik Hair Nutrition 2-in-1 Capsules retail for $19.95 (30 day supply) at Toppik.com or Sally's Beauty Supply

My Opinion: These I weren't able to try so my Mom did for me. She was having issues with thinning hair and we aren't really sure why she was losing so much hair other than maybe stress. So she tried them for 30 days. She noticed that her hair had slowed down significantly in falling out because I think she was receiving the vitamins and minerals she needed in her body. Her hair didn't really grow any thicker, but like I said she's only tried it for 30 days. With any regimen sometimes it takes longer to see a greater result, but the fact that the shedding of her hair had cut back was great in my opinion. 


___________________________________
 FTC: These products were sent to me in consideration for my opinion and review.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing difference! That is wonderful how much different your hair looks before and after. I must say that toppik hair gaining products worked fantastically. I am impressed my dear!!

    ReplyDelete